1. Editorial Committee
(1) JICAS editorial committee consists of associate editors and the number of the member is twelve or less.
(2) The editorial committee members shall be appointed by the editor-in-chief.
(3) Diversity of research areas and geographical locations should be considered for committee member appointment.
(4) The editor-in-chief is responsible for all the editing-related works and convenes meetings.
(5) The term in office of chair shall be two years from the day of appointment, and it can be extended.
(6) The term in office of members shall be two years from the day of appointment, and it can be extended.
2. The role of editorial committee
(1) To establish and revise all editorial guidelines.
(2) To decide the date of publication and the deadline for manuscripts.
(3) To exclude the unqualified manuscript to be reviewed.
(4) To select the reviewers.
(5) To make a final decision on the reviewed manuscript.
(6) To deal with other editing issues.
3. Selecting reviewers
(1) Reviewers can be recommended in different fields, and will be selected by associate editor
(2) Associate editors should consider research area and the ability to understand the research ethics in order to select reviewers.
(3) Reviewers who belong to the same affiliation as author(s) will be excluded in selection.
(4) The number of the reviewers are at least two people for a manuscript.
(5) Associate editors may review the manuscripts.
4. Review criteria
(1) Unlike other journals, reviewers mainly evaluate the chip design methodology rather than novel ideas.
(2) Level of chip design skills, logic of contents, readability should be comprehensively reviewed.
(3) Manuscripts should be reviewed within a maximum of three weeks (21 days) from the date of invitation letter from associate editor.
5. Review result
(1) Reviewers shall give opinions on the manuscript and associate editor shall make a decision of publication.
(2) The decision shall be “Accept”, “Revision required”, “Revision required with re-review” or “Reject”.
(3) In case of “Accept”, the manuscript would be published without revision.
(4) In case of “Revision required” and “Revision required with re-review”, reviewer’s comments will be sent to author for the revision.
(5) In case of “Revision required”, associate editor shall verify the improvement of manuscript and make a decision of publication.
(6) In case of “Revision required with re-review”, associate editor shall verify the revised manuscript and reviewers shall review the revised manuscript again.
(7) In case of “Reject”, associate editor shall notify the author the result immediately.
6. Appeal of editorial decisions
(1) Authors whose manuscript decided not to be published may appeal to the editorial committee’s decisions.
(2) An appeal of an editorial decision must be submitted within five days from the date of notification of the result.
(3) Upon the receipt of appeal, the editor-in-chief must convene an editorial meeting, notify the result to the author, and take actions on the decision.
(4) If the editorial committee admits that the author’s appeal is reasonable, the manuscript can be reviewed by other reviewers only once.
(1) Articles, not specified in the Guidelines, shall follow the decision of the editorial committee.
(2) The review process can be revised by the editorial committee.
(3) The review process takes effect from April 30, 2018.